Art for all
Mark your calendars for Quoz Arts Fest 2019, which returns to Alserkal Avenue on January 25 and 26 with activities for visitors of all ages.
Tucked away in Dubai’s Al Quoz district is a buzzing hub making waves across the region for its unique approach to art and culture. Since its humble beginnings, Alserkal Avenue has been steadily expanding and broadening its reach to the region’s creative community in a number of awe-inspiring ways. In fact, this artistic haven has played a significant role in transforming the industrial quarters of Al Quoz. What was previously known as a maze of indistinct warehouses and similar-looking streets is now one of the city’s up-and-coming neighbourhoods and a hotspot for creative inspiration.
What you can expect…
- Sustainability workshopsA learning opportunity for both upcoming and established artists
- Daily keynotesInformative sessions delivered by globally renowned speakers
- Fitness activitiesFor health-conscious individuals eager to stick to their training schedules during the event
- Curated tours Guided walks to take you through the exhibitions
- Good Vibes MarketAn array of delicacies served by food trucks at the venue
To further extend its platform and bring the region’s art community together, Alserkal Avenue has, over the years, launched and hosted a number of diverse programmes, including art fairs, live performances, screenings, workshops, lectures, tours, culinary experiences and markets. Celebrating art in unconventional ways is one of its key concepts. And among all the exciting events that take place throughout the year, one that definitely stands out is Quoz Arts Fest, which returns to Alserkal Avenue this January for its seventh edition.
The free-to-attend, two-day event, running on January 25 and 26, will see friends and families (yes, pets included) gathering together to make the most of the exciting experiences on offer – think interactive child-friendly activities, live performances, art workshops and much more.
Under the theme of CTRL+ALT+ACTION, this year’s fair will focus on sustainability, offering workshops, talks and exhibitions that will inspire and educate visitors to learn and embrace changes that contribute to a better environment.
Putting for Pleasure and Politics:
- A Playable Sculpture GardenAn installation curated by various artists, where each has contributed by creating a hole in a mini-golf course
- Asia Contemporary Art Week Field Meeting A dynamic platform that brings leading New York-based and Asian art institutions together
This year’s edition will also feature the Asia Contemporary Art Week Field Meeting, taking place outside of North America for the first time. The event is recognised across the globe as a dynamic platform that brings together leading New York-based and Asian art institutions, museums and galleries to present the largest showcase of cutting-edge exhibitions, innovative projects, provocative dialogues on current topics and networking opportunities.