And the beat goes on…
The hotly anticipated Emirates Airline Dubai Jazz Festival returns for its 17th edition with one of it’s most exciting line-ups yet.
The Emirates Airline Dubai Jazz Festival has been making noise on the region’s music scene since its arrival back in 2003. But this year’s 17th edition is set to make the biggest impact yet.
Taking place at Dubai Media City Amphitheatre from Wednesday, February 20, to Friday, February 22, the acts headlining the three-day event are Snow Patrol, punk band Jamiroquai and American singer-songwriter Alicia Keys.Originally an indie-pop group, Grammy-nominated Irish band Snow Patrol burst onto the music scene in the early 2000s, delighting fans with their major-label debut album, Final Straw, in 2002, which sold more than three million copies worldwide. But it was their next studio album, Eyes Open, released in 2006, and its hit single, Chasing Cars, that propelled the band to international fame. Topping the UK Albums Chart, it was the bestselling album of the year, selling more than six million copies worldwide.
What you can expect…
- GOOD-TIME VIBES. Thanks to its laid-back charm, the festival boasts a relaxed atmosphere the whole family can enjoy
- FOOD APLENTY. There will be an abundance of food trucks in attendance to help keep hunger at bay
- GREAT LOCATION. Dubai’s Media City Amphitheatre boasts an unmatched outdoor setting with breathtaking scenery
- ENTERTAINMENT. In addition to live entertainment, there will also be an arts and crafts village featuring talented artisans and an array of fun and exciting on-site activities to enjoy
- HELPING HANDS.Every year a group of students volunteer at the festival, helping to keep the arena litter free and festival-goers safe
Snow Patrol has played in the emirates before, back in 2012, when they headlined the Sandance music festival on Palm Jumeirah. Fans can expect performances of classic hit singles Run, Crack the Shutters and Chasing Cars, along with music from their seventh album, Wildness.
On day two, British jazz-punk band Jamiroquai headline. Best known for their 1996 hit single Virtual Insanity, the group has sold more than 26 million albums worldwide and hold two Guinness World Records including bestselling funk album in history, thanks to its 1996 offering, Travelling Without Moving.
On the festival’s last day, 15-time Grammy Award-winning singer, songwriter, musician, producer, actress and New York Times bestselling author Alicia Keys headlines. Selling an incredible 30 million-plus albums to date, including Songs in A Minor, Keys is returning to the UAE for the first time since her sold-out show here in the emirates back in 2013.