Adventure awaits at Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi
Make the most of your visit to Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi with our guide to this family-friendly aqua zone and entertainment destination on Yas Island
Did you know Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi was recently named the World’s Leading Water Park at the World Travel Awards 2018? So, if you haven’t been to this iconic aqua zone yet, now’s the time. Regular park-goers, meanwhile, have even more reasons to visit. After all, no other entertainment destination in the region promises a choice of over 40 rides, slides and attractions for everyone in the family. A single visit is never really enough to take it all in! Inspired by the Emirati pearl diving legend, the park is home to record-breaking attractions such as the first and only 5D water adventure in the region and the largest surfable sheet wave. Ensuring every type of adventure seeker is catered to, the rides are categorised by thrill level from extreme to low.
Adrenaline Rush is for those looking to take the action to the next level while Exciting Adventure will give you plenty to add to your adventure diaries with adrenaline-pumping experiences. Moving & Grooving will get your heart racing minus all the screaming, while Young Fun is great for junior visitors. So, why wait? Book your tickets and get ready to splash, float, dive and slide your way to fun at Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi.
You must experience…
- CINESPLASH Uncover the ‘Legend of the Lost Pearl’ at the region’s first-ever water cinema, promising cutting-edge aqua effects with the entire movie theatre flooding with water up to your knees.
- SLITHER’S SLIDE Zip through a maze of slides and tunnels with plenty of twists and turns before shooting out of a slide capped with a giant-fanged snake and landing into a splash pool.
- BANDIT BOMBER With special water effects on board, this ride, which is also the longest suspended roller coaster in the Middle East, takes you on a tour through the park at high speeds.
- HAIRAT YAS PEARL DIVING Experience what it is like to step back in time to the UAE’s pearl diving days. Dive to collect an oyster and discover a beautiful memento waiting inside.
- JEBEL DROP Enjoy panoramic views right before you drop back to earth, zipping down the park’s steepest water slide.
Your dose of retail therapy
- TAWASHA PEARL SHOP Here, you will have the chance to learn more about the region’s rich pearl diving history, retrieve oysters and discover pearls inside. You can also have these pearls fashioned into bespoke jewellery.
- SULTAN’S CANDY Discover Middle Eastern sweets and candy from all around the world. That sugar rush is inevitable when you visit this candy land at Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi.
- SULTAN & SONS Gear up for the rides and slides with your pick of our top water park branded-products and themed essentials as mementos of your visit.
- QARYAT AL JEWANA SOUK Here you will find shops selling all manner of trinkets from sweets to souvenirs in addition to changing rooms, lockers, prayer rooms and food and beverage outlets.
- CINEMA UNDER THE STARS – SUPERHERO EDITION. MARCH 1 AND 8 @ 7PM onwards. Catch your favourite DC Comics superhero movie under the stars at Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi. The region’s only al fresco water park cinema experience, you can lounge by the pool or float in the water while enjoying the movie magic.
- LADIES NIGHT LIVE WITH BALQEES. MARCH 21 @ 6PM onwards. Don’t miss the first ladies-only concert in the UAE which will see the region’s most loved Emirati singer Balqees Fathi entertain audiences with a live concert. It’s the ultimate in entertainment for you and your girl pals on this special night out.
- DHABI’S ICE CREAM There’s nothing like tucking into refreshing ice cream in between all the water park fun.
- DANA’S DINER Your station for the best barbecues, burgers, sandwiches and salads.
- CHUBBY’S KITCHEN Enjoy everything from fried chicken and pizzas to noodles and Indian curries.
- SKINNY’S FROZEN TREATS For frozen lemonades, shaved ice with syrup, ice cream and juices, this is your stop.
- SALMA’S SNACK SHACK If you’re looking to keep things light, choose from a selection of salads, smoothies or fresh fruit.